Okay so... all is explained here.
In reply:10 things about me:
Answers to the 10 questions:
- I'm a jack-of-all-trades
- ... but I wish I was an expert at something.
- I used to listen only to classical music
- ... and now I listen mostly to alt/rock and metal
- ... but I have always hated pop music.
- I'm kind of antisocial and reserved, don't like parties and crowds
- ... but when I'm in good company, I get way more spontaneous so people think I'm drunk or something.
- I have described myself as a furry
- ... but I'm not one of those "lifestyler" types and don't take it seriously.
- I want to learn more languages (I speak 3) and musical instruments (I play 2).
- What/who are your inspirations for art/writing? For the drawing aspect, I'm inspired by a lot of webcomic artists and Deviants, especially when they've been at it for a long time and you can see how they improved over the years. For writing, a lot of sci-fi writers have inspired me: Isaac Asimov for the intelligence of the issues he addresses, Vernor Vinge for the scale of his stories and the way he handles inter-cultural/inter-species encounters, Johan Bredell for writing Afrikaans science fiction with a great sense of adventure, Michael A Stackpole for the cinematic way he wrote the X-Wing Series.
- What is the first thing you ever drew? Knowing me at that age, probably a car
- Who did you give your every first drawing to? I don't remember, but probably one or both of my parents.
- Which of your artwork are you most proud of? (add a link please!) The individual drawing I'm most proud of is probably still this old one, but these days I'm pouring almost all my leftover creative energy into my webcomic. And though it has many flaws I still like the way it's turning out, enough to see its storyline through to the end. It is basically a project to teach myself how to draw, but as I get better I try to hold myself to a progressively higher standard.
- Are you making art as a hobby or as a job? Hobby, for sure. If I did it as a job I probably wouldn't like it much any more. Plus I'm not good enough at it to get paid for it
- Link me to two artists you think deserve more attention for their good work? RH Junior (who writes several webcomics, one of which is one of my all time favorites) and The Artist Formerly Known As Magycal (who is the little sister of a friend of my little sister... so be warned her site is very pink, but her art seems to improve every day... I'm kind of jealous >.> )
- What is the best advice you've received artwise? A bit context-specific, but the lines were more or less: "it kinda sucks," "I don't think 'style' is a good excuse to get away with unrealistic proportions," and "you can't draw characters without armatures."
- Fav super hero and why? Batman, because he doesn't have powers.
- Fav animated movie? "Castle In The Sky" by Studio Ghibli / Miyazaki. But it's a close call, because I like most of his/their major films.
- Least fav animated movie? If CG counts as animated, all the Shrek and Ice Age movies, for their forced, unfunny, and needlessly "adult" (read: immature) humor. And yes I know I've just said something very controversial and many people disagree with me about this ... don't kill me
That's a very negative note to end on though, so here is a picture of baby rabbits.