Competition time! Find or deduce some character information, and get a free commission!
[UPDATE: good idea from answer-ers so far, respond with a dA note rather than a comment!]
A little background. Alex's home contains decorative objects that feature the words "Geloof" ("Faith") and "Liefde" ("Love"), part of the Biblical triad of "Faith, Hope, and Love." In an ensuing discussion among some friends of mine, there was some speculation regarding Jane Onoda's religious views.
But it isn't really necessary to make grand assumptions about Jane's religious leanings. She shows her hand in that regard in at least two instances that I can think of.
Your job is to find out what Jane's religion is (if any), and explain why you think so. The more correct your answer is, and the more valid your reasoning behind it, the better your answer. If two answers are equally good, the earlier answer takes precedence.
Your reward, should you have the best answer, is a free commission! Some conditions do apply:
- the commission is of a single character;
- it can be your own OC, or any character from some other source;
- you can optionally specify a background / setting / object(s) for the character to interact with;
- the subject matter must be non-vulgar, and the character must preferably not be associated with a vulgarity-happy franchise;
- anthro (i.e., non-feral) furry characters (or anthro furry versions of other kinds of characters) are strongly preferred, because furries are easy to draw, but I will draw humans or whatever if you insist!
Note: this question is being asked on both Facebook and deviantArt. If the winning answer is on the other site, I will repost it here.